Friday, February 01, 2008

The End of a Winter Day



What a beautiful picture that was taken outside our back door. My Wife took this and it turned out great. We are all doing fine here on the Farm. The Chickens are laying more eggs per day now and they are selling like hotcakes. Everyone wants Farm Fresh brown eggs from chickens that are fed grain and no antibiotics. Now I can't keep eggs it seems. My Brother is doing very well with the Pigs. He is selling them as well, just as fast. Here is a link to the web site he made telling about our little farm here. It's called Weir Bros. Farms. I have never really made a profit on the eggs but had to raise the price per dozen due to the cost of feed going up. Now that I have put a banner out front, everyone keeps coming back and that is wonderful.

1 comment:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hey, Jeff. I left you a message in your chat box down there. I couldn't find an email address for you, so I'll leave this biscuit recipe here:


1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sweet milk
2 cups self-rising flour

melted butter (optional)

Cut shortening into flour with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add milk; stir just until moistened. Pat dough out on a floured board to ½ inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter or small can with both ends removed with a can opener. Place on a lightly greased pan, about 2 inches apart, and bake in preheated oven at 425° for about 14 minutes, or until golden brown and done. Brush with melted butter while still piping hot, if desired. Makes about 1 dozen.

These biscuits are just like the ones that you pay way too much for at a famous fried chicken restaurant. Delicious.

Hope this works for you. ;o)

I may be calling you in a day or 2 about the eggs. I'd rather pay you for good fresh eggs than Walmart or Kroger. I appreciate you offering to bring them to me. How much are getting for them now? I noticed you said you had to go up on your prices....

Y'all have a great weekend! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

lenadianejennings@yahoo.com