Friday, November 13, 2009

Mid November

This month is going too fast.  I have been asked to teach Wednesday night at Church for next week.  I am looking forward to that.  I had the day off today and was able to mow our yard (hopefully for the last time this season).  I think that my riding mower is shot.  I am truly blessed because every time the mower has broke down, my Dad has always taken it in and gotten it fixed for us.  I think that with some of our tax refund money, we need to purchase a new one, or at least a push mower. We get so spoiled to having what we want and getting it.  But we can always look at it as blessings.  We have to understand that some of the stuff we want may not be want we need.  You know, God’s word says that we need to depend on the Lord for our every need.  But do we really do that?  No, we  (and I) see what we want and go get it.  You see, if we learn to give up everything and just let the Lord move, then he will.  We go to Church and we ask why do we not see the Lord move in our lives.  We hunger to hear from the Lord but we do not stop and listen.  We pray and ask but go on about doing what WE want to do.  Sometimes if we listen, we may not like what we hear.  We just don’t drop our worldly stuff and follow.  We say we depend on him and want a miracle. 

My recommendation is that we fast.  We hear about all the stuff going on in Washington and the healthcare bill being passed to the next step and we get worried.  My 5 year old son summed it up nicely.  One night, my youngest daughter stated that she was scared.  My son then explained to her that there is no need to be scared because God is ALWAYS with us.  Give something up this week or for the next two weeks that you normally depend on.  Food, TV or whatever it might be.  Then give that time to the Lord.  Just stop during that time that you gain by giving something up and pray and listen what the Lord wants to tell you.  Let HIM guide you to get you through your times of need.

No comments: