Saturday, August 01, 2009

August

P7170078

It has been a Lazy summer. It has been cooler than most other summers that I can remember and it has also been the wettest that I can remember. This is the first year that I can remember that cotton hasn’t been planted next to our house. I say it has been a lazy summer but I just haven’t had time to do anything it seems. I get off work and all I want to do is just sit around and be lazy. I want to go fishing with Bradley or play golf but just never have enough time. There is so much work to do around here at the house. I am tired of it looking like white trash around the house but it is just hard when you have a brother that has pigs at our house and he also has the chickens too. He doesn’t have enough time for them either so they just suffer. Oh but don’t misunderstand, he feeds them but I guess if they were mine I would do thing different. But if they were mine, I would get rid of them. Pigs do really stink. I sit and here my self talk or hear my thoughts and realize that I keep saying I want, I want, I need, I need. What I want and need should be what the Lord has already provided me with. I am truly blessed. I have a good job. I guess I just need a vacation.

There are so many things that I want to do. One thing I do want to do, I will be doing on August 9th. In one more week. PREACHING!! I am so excited about that. Maybe a little nervous though because I have only preached at Churches where there were about 25 people. Next Sunday, I will be preaching in front of about 200 or so people. AAAHHH!!! But I can do all thing through Christ Jesus. I am also running for Bay School Board. I have some good competition. The reason why I am running for School Board is that I want to serve the community and the kids. I have 3 kids that are now in school at Bay, and I went to school there from Kindergarten to the 12th grade. It’s an awesome school and am proud that my kids are going there.

And with that, I say Good Night.

No comments: