Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jeff Weir for Bay School Board

Proof.ashx

Election Day is September 15th and coming up fast. There are two other people besides myself that are running for The Bay School Board position. All three of us would make a great member to the school board but I want to tell you more about myself and what sets me apart from the rest.

I grew up here in Bay and have attended Bay Public Schools from Kindergarten through the 12th grade. I am a 1985 graduate of Bay High School. I have 3 children that attend Bay Schools. Lexi who is in the 6th grade, Allison who is in the 3rd grade and Bradley who is in Kindergarten. My wife’s name is Michelle. She is a regular volunteer at Bay Elementary. My parents names are Gene and Norma Weir also of Bay. My Mother retired from the Bay public schools after serving 20 Years as the School Food Service Director. She taught me the importance of giving back to the community and that is exactly what I want to do. I started that journey shortly after High School by joining the U.S. Navy. I currently serve as President of the Bay PHT (Parents Helping Teachers) at Bay Elementary and have been asked to serve on the Bay High School Career and Technical Education Advisory Council. I am employed by FedEx Office in Jonesboro as the Assistant Manager.

The right person for this position needs to be able and willing to make themselves available to the community and to the parents of the students who attend Bay Public Schools as well as to the faculty. I know that I am that person who will listen and act. This position is not just about myself and my family. It is a lot bigger than that. It is about everyone in the community and about all of the children here that deserve not just an education but receive the Best that we all can give so that they can have many opportunities to be the next leaders in our Community and in our Country. I would like to have this opportunity to serve on the Bay School Board so that all of our voices can be heard. So that we all can put back into the school that has put us where we are today. The Bay Public School System plays a very vital role in our community and with me on the School Board, We can make a Difference.

Thank you for your Vote on September 15th.

Jeff Weir

No comments: